Sets high goals and delivers results that consistently increase individual and organizational performance.
- Approaches challenging tasks with a "can-do" attitude.
- Demonstrates personal drive to consistently deliver increasing levels of performance.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Persists in the face of obstacles, challenges or setbacks.
- Ability to focus self and team on solutions.
- Demonstrates a strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done.
- Holds oneself accountable. Holds individuals or teams accountable.
Thinks beyond today, identifies and implements value-added and innovative actions and strategies.
- Identifies and drives process improvements that result in reduced staff levels and bureaucracy while improving efficiencies and quality metrics in quantifiable ways.
- Looks for and champions opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrates a willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
- Removes internal obstacles and bureaucracy to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Uses the profit center model to drive growth and differentiation in the market.
- Leaders: Ability to energize a team to follow his or her vision for the business.
- Leaders: Ability to formulate and communicate a “Sensient strategy” to various levels in an organization.
Develops self and others
Focuses on self-development and on developing others.
- Delegates responsibility and work to others to help them develop their capabilities.
- Expresses confidence in others' ability to be successful.
- Demonstrates effective coaching skills. Provides honest, specific and objective feedback to employees.
- Challenges oneself to learn and develop.
- Creates development experiences and assignments for others.
- Ability to fail quickly and learn from mistakes.
- Leaders: Manages succession plan for key positions by hiring promotable staff with transferable skills.
- Leaders: Develops staff through training and experiential opportunities to increase his/her readiness to be promoted.
Customer Focus (Internal and External)
Understands internal and external customer requirements. Anticipates and exceeds the needs of customers. Develops value added customer solutions.
- Integrates and communicates Sensient’s quality policy and commitment to proactively prevent issues.
- Follows through on customer commitments.
- Integrates customer needs and expectations into the development and delivery of new services or products.
- Improves or eliminates internal problems that are affecting the customer experience.
- Proactively identifies shares knowledge across business units.
- Establishes and uses feedback systems to meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Continuously seeks to improve the quality of services, products and processes.
- Always conducts himself or herself positively and professionally with customers. Does not argue with customers or dismiss their concerns. Apologizes when appropriate.
Shows a high degree of Team Commitment.
- Promotes collaboration and works cooperatively with others to achieve shared goals.
- Takes action to further the interests of the team - or the organization - above their own.
- Makes positive contributions to develop the climate required for excellent team performance.
- Listens and responds to other team members' ideas. Encourages others to make decisions. Supports organizational decisions.
- Treats others in an accepting, respectful manner regardless of culture or background.
Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of markets, competitors and business model or key principles in one’s functional area. Adept at financial and other management principles and practices.
- Makes business decisions that are financially sound and consistent with the Company’s operating philosophy.
- Subject matter expert in respective discipline or function.
- Uses understanding of markets to improve competitiveness, generate profit, and achieve growth.
- Helps others to understand supplier and customer markets, business risks, opportunities and competitors.
You can also view our Employee Core Competencies in Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish or Turkish.